"Culture is the basis for development" an adage says.
MALAKI-DEVELOPMENT: culture in service of development.
Congo has been going through a major socio-political crisis which has seriously undermined its economical system and paralyzed particularly its agricultural and educational sectors, especially in the rich south regions of the Country and of Africa in general.
Africa's heart is constituted by the equatorial forest, game rich savannah, big rivers full of fish. The climate and views there are paradisiac. Africa's heart subsoil is one of the richest in the world, full of diamonds, gold, lead, copper, uranium and petroleum…
This richness, unfortunately, instead of making the autochthonous people happy, stirs up developped countries' cupidity, provoking the war that is disintegrating life in Congo: 40 years of independency, 40 years of endemic war. A war called "ethnic", when it's made by powerful economical means (aereoplans, combat helycopters) and not by arrows or launches.
To run away from the war raging in their villages, rich and sedentary farmers, breeders, fishers are obliget to wander about the forest, leaving their work's goods at the mercy of armed men.
These last ones let themselves fall into all kinds of vandalism: especially either agricultural, breeding and fishing products's sacks either working means' and instuments' destruction, fruit trees' knocking down, also making sure not to leave any seeds for the following season.
And when the rain season arrives, villages' populations are put in front of the following difficulties:
- lack of seeds
- lack of small breedings and reproduction animals
- need of working means and instruments
- need of emproving or modernizing such
- means for an appropriate production
We cannot, then, pass those who live by the coast over in silence: they are starving because of their water's pollution caused by the petroleum industries that are destroying their survival's source. To have a fish that does not taste like petroleum, they are obliged to go fishing to more than 10 Km away from the coast.
Strong in its assertion and proved by the misery due to the recent social-political-militar crises' continuous happening, Malaki ma Kongo decided to associate cultural activities to economical activities.
This in order to present to the third millennium's Africans a development scheme that can be useful and lasting. Such scheme will take into consideration the cultural dimension inside the whole development project.
From here was the creation, on january 17th 1999, of Malaki Development, which fixed its following objective: Re-giving Black people the pharaonic era's prestige, economical and organizative capacities, which will favour and emphasize the effective Africa's and Pharaons' renaissance.
MALAKI-DEVELOPMENT is a department of Malaki ma Kongo cultural association that takes care of researching a lasting, Congo (particularly) and Africa (in general) appropriated development method, in this time of political-militar turbulences. An auto-supporting development and auto-centered on people, taking care of the cultural dimension inside the whole development project.
Malaki Development's exhistence's goal is that of looking for the economical means needed to re-give trust and hope on life to the countryside environments, and to assure ancestral traditions' survival in their natural original places: our villages.
This kind of logic is an about-face to all development projects known to the so called Africa's development specialists. Projects that summon up to the ancient breeders' and farmers's transformation into eternal specialized consumers of canned food, if not frozen food.
Therefore, being culture at development's basis, Malaki ma Kongo's artists and people of culture intend to improve life in Congo through this project.
A/ Pointe Noire
- un centre d’apprentissage de couture et de coiffure pour les jeunes filles ;
- Coopérative de femmes pour la fabrication de poissons salés
- Coopérative Agricole de Jeune Agronome de Tchimbamba (collaboration)
- Centre Agricole Pilote Malaki Aarit Association pour l’Assainissement de la Rivière Tchimpamdzou
- Club pour la Promotion des Jeunes Artistes pour la Paix et le Développement Responsable
- Coopérative Agricole de Jeune Agronome de Nganga Lingolo.
- Coopérative du Petit Elevage des Chrétiens de la Paroisse de Nganga Lingolo (collaboration)
- Bado Restaurant des artistes (collaboration)
- Didactiel Centre de formation à l’informatique. (collaboration)
- Mutuelle des Femmes de Bacongo
- Bo-Artisanat (collaboration)
The results are encouraging, although the cooperatives located in Brazzaville are having much difficulty. The public and the press in Pointe Noire start to count us among the leaders of solidarity actions for the million people that this city has.
Malaki ma Kongo had already created in Congo, in the past:
- Restaurant - African cuisine among LAAC's orchards
- African culture's ateliers
- Agricultural works (kitchen gardens and exchanges with Amilcar Cabral Agricultural High School' s comedy students)
- DIDACTICIEL Informatics' Formation and Promotion Center especially in the youth environment
- Biblioteque Special Kongo's culture
even though the unsecurity climation dominating the inferior region of central Africa didn't spare Malaki:
- The Mbongui Malaki ma Kongo cultural centre was pillaged
- The biblioteque burnt
- The informatic material sacked
- The artistic material (costumes, pictures' albums, tapeteque, videoteque, musical instruments) burnt
- The agro-pastoral material stolen (kitchen gardens, chickens)
- Get the African culture's values known in order to fight ignorance, extroversion, mental alienation, Africa's denial in the International system
- Allow Africans to discover their true story and facilitate diaspora to return to their original place, in a dignified and low cost way
- Promoting in Africa's - humanity's cradle - heart an ethical tourism bringing sane mottoes for Black Soul's, love's and brotherhood's respect
- Preventing criminality:
In Africa, through appropriate educational structures and small and medium appropriate enterprises.
In Europe : through the creation of African values' initiation cells
- Encouraging a development that is auto-centered on Person rooted in its ancestral culture
- Favouring artistic exchanges among Africa's, diaspora's and world's artists and people of culture
- Promoting art and cultural action in North countries in order to favour pro-Black Continent humanitarian actions
- Promoting interculture to favour Africans' integration in the adoptive countries
- Opening African market to the external world and to its diaspora in the form of an ethical commerce with useful and lasting goals.
ON THE SPIRITUAL PLAN
Malaki has particular relations with African religions as:
DIBUNDU DIA BISSI NSI " The crows "
BDK BUNDU DIA KONGO
Malaki ma Kongo believes in microcredit.
Microcredit is the extension of very small loans (microloans) to those in poverty designed to spur entrepreneurship. These individuals lack collateral, steady employment and a verifiable credit history and therefore cannot meet even the most minimal qualifications to gain access to traditional credit. Microcredit is a part of microfinance, which is the provision of a wider range of financial services to the very poor.
Microcredit is a financial innovation that is generally considered to have originated with the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh.In that country, it has successfully enabled extremely impoverished people to engage in self-employment projects that allow them to generate an income and, in many cases, begin to build wealth and exit poverty.